Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chinese Cooking

Wanna see what this Chinese girl cooked up with the lovely lovely Chinoiserie that is Graphic45's Birdsong collection?


It's a recipe book!  And since I don't cook (except when in danger of starvation), this is obviously to be given away to someone who actually does cook.  :)

This book is actually made from Graphic45's 8X8" Easel album.... disassembled, sliced and flipped inside out.... Its' really hard to explain in words, so maybe this will help:

 I was hoping to have little Graphic45 images on each page to match all the categories (soup, veggies, pork, beef, fish etc...) but the only one that I could find was the flying pig from the Olde Curiosity Shoppe collection....haha.. oh well.

INGREDIENTS LIST:
SUPPLIES LIST:
Stamped Metal Brads - large
Bird Song 12x12 Pad - I used all the different designs of pattern paper in the pad so that each page in the book is different
Bird Song Stickers

String - May Arts
Dimensional Pearls - Ranger

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors!!!

Julia Cheang said...

Totally awesome! Love the pretty details. :)

ALINE said...

Hi Sharon

She was very beautiful ... I loved your idea!

lynklee said...

Haha cute title. Btw, I can't cook to save my life either! We are such a rare breed I'm so glad to hear that from you. Everyone seems to be a domestic goddess cupcake fairy these days.
Lyndis

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cookbook Sharon! I love the papers in this collection and this is a stunning use of them. TFS!

Unknown said...

Wonderful!! I Like it!! Thanks por the tutorial!! :)

Lia said...

*clapclapclap* I love your deconstructing work :) You are so very amazing Sharon! Miss you lots.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the Recipe Book. Beautiful work.

Sweetpeasteele said...

Christmas, Graphic 45 and Petaloo flowers! It can't get any better than that. I love Christmas, I love Graphic 45 papers and I love flowers!