Monday, November 30, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
1. "Learning By The Book" : we're gonna make this from scratch
2. "Global Inspirations" -3 layouts inspired by different cultures
Made a Merdrey-inspired crater for Technique Tuesdays on the Laine's blog.....(tutorial here)
and if you read the tutorial , you'll probably be able to figure out how I did this:
gonna treat myself to something yummy now!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
the kids were really hoping to spot them on the nature walk along the Southern Ridges on Saturday.......but I think they were hiding from the blistering heat....Us too!
Hidden Item No. 2: Journaling
On a layout for my parents:
Layout Title: "I've Been Meaning to Tell You..."It's really easy to include quite a bit of extra journaling space on your layout using a Zutter bind-it-all:
1. Cut notches into your base cardstock (so that the wire rings won't stick out of your page and make it not fit into your protector) - I cut 1/2" notches into my page to fit the rings
2. Then punch holes using your bind-it-all
3. make as many pages as you want, and bind it onto the layout with the rings and the Bind-it-all
See the booklet?
Semi-Hidden Item No. 3: Me
I am planning to (hoping to) go into 'hiding' this week at the store so that I can finally start on my December projects....it's 8 days into November and I haven't even started yet!
Betty says that sometimes when I am designing I don't even hear when people are talking to me....so shout if you have to - I'd still want to say hi and chat if you drop by!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
2. there's brown distress stickles around the "walk alone" - looks like soil...(mental note...must do this again....)
3. The funny black markings around the edge of the pattern papers are made with chopped up rub ons.
I am feeling a little schizophrenic.....half at Laine's and half at PaperMarket - I'm gonna get confused and forget stuff and turn up at the wrong store one day....I just know it!
Monday, November 2, 2009
And here's a 'new' project to share - yay?
3. The half that's stamped on glass has a rose behind it - rose coloured glasses - get it? get it?!!Fun Photo Effect to Share:
1. I leached out some of the colour from my photos using photoshop then printed it out on transparency
2. Cut a piece of ledger paper same size as my photo
3. then layered the 2 together
Not sure if you can see this, but the photo has a nice 'softness' to it....and you can see the ledger lines faintly showing through. You can probably achieve this same effect digitally using overlays too.
So....looks like November is off to a good start....got classes brewing in my head as usual. Tell you more as I go along.