Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oldies are Goodies

I had fun working with this "Vintage Postcard Kit" from Crafty Secrets. Its got all these really cute vintage pictures and pre-cut chipboard shapes and even a set of vintage image clear stamps to match. (love the little bunnies....they're in the heart)
I like to whitewash vintage images a bit with gesso or whitepaint to 'tone them down' a bit - cos otherwise I find too many of them together is a bit overwhelming for my tastes.
And I like to combine them with storybook paper and (fake) stitching. The red MT washi tape works surprisingly well on it also....some of the image shows through a bit, which is nice.

4 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

Oh wow!! I love this!! Love love the vintage images. Have to agree with the white wash look. Happy CNY to u & family!!

Edleen said...

totally in love with this!!! you're amazing laa Sharon :)

hope you had a fab CNY celebration :)

Sasha Farina said...

cantik!! (you know what that means? you don't? time to date me then, LOL)

Anonymous said...

this is amazing!! the cover alone is drool-worthy...

- Kate