All of us at Graphic45 are part of a fun May Arts Blog hop right now!
And here's my project for hop featuring Graphic45's Tropical Travelogue collection and yummy sunny ribbons from May Arts:
For our honeymoon (quite a long time ago), the Baboo and I went to Hawaii - and the thing that we fell in love with the most when we were there, was all the greenery and vegetation. And so I wanted to bring a little of that lush jungle feel to this project and Graphic45's Tropical Travelogue papers were the perfect choice! I even found some lovely May Arts ribbon that looked like jungle vines to use on the front cover and it worked perfectly! Here's my Hawaiian "jungle book"!
The book is made from an old book cover and the inside is done in what's called a tunnel book style. It's really fun to make so I thought I'd show you what I did from start to finish. Enjoy!
1. Papers (12X12") all from Tropical Travelogue collection
- Garden Isle
- Island Jewel
- Seaside Holiday
- Tropical Travelogue Alphabet Stickers
- Tropical Travelogue cardstock stickers
- Tropical Travelogue chipboard 1
- Tropical Travelogue Chipboard 2
1. Yellow and orange stripe ribbon, green vine ribbon, orange stripe baker's twine - May Arts
2. old hardcover book (recycled)
3. Sticky back canvas (natural) - Claudine Hellmuth Studio, Ranger
4. Sunflower Yellow Mist - Maya Mist
5. Distress Inks (Vintage photo, Walnut stain) - Ranger
Don't forget to check out all the other blogs on today's hop:
Clare Charvill: http://mycreativespirit.
Kristin Wilson: http://www.
And leave comments there so that you stand a chance to win some great prizes :)
There are also facebook and pinterest contests! Check the graphic45 blog on Monday 25th June for winner announcement!