Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Family Circus

Harlow!

Now that the holidays are here, things are much noisier and crazier at the Ngoo house - we're trying to juggle schedules and activities...Anyways, this project and tutorial I did for Graphic45 seems highly appropriate right now!

Here's what I made:  A set of 3 altered canvases hinged together
I used the G45 Le Cirque collection and assigned circus jobs to each of the Ngoos:

Baboo the Ringmaster
Beth the Lion Tamer (guess who's the lion?)
Benny the Acrobat
And here's a tutorial showing step by step how I altered my canvases. Just in case you wanna have a go at it too.... (please do! It's lots of messy fun!)
 Hmm....wonder what my job is in the Ngoo circus...heh. Maybe I'm the Elephant! :)

11 comments:

julie_elf said...

It's great & fun! Like it

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! This is AWESOME!!!!! I love love love love how you used the Cirque papers and loving how you put it together!! GORGEOUS!!!

Kasiu said...

wow, so much work and such a great result :)

Krystal O'Neill said...

What a great way to use the canvas... thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love it Sharon and it gave me a chuckle. I need to make one for my crazy family, lol. I really appreciate the step by step tutorial because I love mixed media. What a great technique with the black paint and water, the effect it leaves is awesome. I'm definitely going to give this a try.

Heather Jacob said...

soooooooooooooo awesome with lots of whimsical and fun oozing from this creation xoxox

Tracy Heaton said...

Fab project and really fresh use of the G45 stash
Tracy x

Tracy Heaton said...

Fab project and really fresh use of the G45 stash
Tracy x

angie's blogspot said...

really enjoying your work
thanks
Angie x

Martica Designs said...

So cool and original....tfs

Tanya said...

This is so very cool!!