Sunday, October 2, 2011

Recycling...

This month's challenge at Scrapforhelp is to recycle the packaging we get with our scrapbooking products.  I made this mini shadowbox fridge magnet:

from this:
  

And here's how: (thought you might like to see.... my mummy taught me its good to share)
1.  Packaging for the 'glass' and cardboard box for the base:

2.  Strips of chipboard or corrugated board for the 'frame':

3.  Cover base with pattern paper and arrange nice bits in the centre:

4.  Glue packaging in place to 'seal' everything in:

5.  Glue on the strips to form the frame, decorate he 'glass' with rubons and ribbon if you like:
 6.  Wrap with tape (I used Tim Holtz masking tape) to cover up the fact that you didn't measure the frame strips properly (heh...):
7.  A bit of twine for texture (and cover up), a magnet on the back, and you're done:

Quite fun.... :)  Hmmmm....maybe this will be this year's Christmas present...

15 comments:

Lorraine said...

My god, woman, you made this gorgeous magnet from the packaging? I would try, but I think mine would still look like plastic packaging, lol.

Sue Lui said...

Ooohhh!! Me likey!! Let's hoard packaging! :)

jan said...

sharon, you are always so creative! time for us to collect all our packaging!

Heather Jacob said...

OMG !!!!! Sharon this is sooooooooooooooooo amazing... you are one talented awsome artist ... the best !!!! I adore this .... may I borrow your idea ... I absolutely love it ... STUNNING ... I am gobsmacked !!!! hugz x
hey Sharon I couldn't see all the images on the SFH blog can you ???? xoxox

Blossom inch said...

oh my...easy peasy and look fun too....what a fabulous project Sharon.

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Sharon.......I just loved what you have done.....just a GREAT nad SPECTACULAR job!!!! as always.
I´m your big fan ...so I love everything you do and I fell so honored to work with you!!!!!
You are so talented andyou inspired me !!!!Thanks for be such a wonderful and sweet friend!!!!
For sure you have a big friend in Brazil !!!
Have a wonderful week.
Kisses and huges
Cynthia

Kiki Aposeki said...

Oh!! Sharon you are a big artist !!! This creation is soooooooo amazing!!! I love it!!!!

curlyqmosaics said...

This has to be one of the most amazing recycling projects EVER! I love all the detail in the box. Beautiful!!!!

selena said...

il est vraiment beau cet aimant et le pas à pas est génial; merci!

Mum in the Making said...

Argh, I just threw out all my packaging! Its a fantastic idea!

Jessy Christopher said...

Oh dear! We have common minds! I keep packaging so that I can do that one day! Your looks amazing :)

June said...

gorgeous project !! Your ideas always amaze me. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

This is such a cool project!!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous and inspiring project!

Unknown said...

This is such a cool project!!