Friday, August 3, 2012

Look Ma, No (G45) Pattern Paper!

Once in a while its fun to give things a little twist, just to get the mojo going.  So, for this month's Graphic45 project I decided to 'make things difficult' for myself and not rely on any pattern paper for my project, and see what I could make if I just stuck to using Graphic45 Staples - a bit like having just bread for lunch?....or rice if you're Asian... (writing while hungry....can you tell?)

Here's what I made:

It's a little sketchbook made from the Graphic45 kraft envelope album.  And I used lots of Graphic45 staples (but I cheated a bit and stamped images from the Olde Curiosity Shoppe Cling 2 set)

The inside is suitably empty.  With kraft cardstock pasted onto the envelope surfaces for better drawing.

All in all, I must say I really like how this adventure turned out - it's making me love those Graphic45 staples even more! What can I say? I love 'bread' - especially when it's 'crusty' like this:



I think I could eat it all the time!...maybe with a little ham and cheese now and then eh? ;) ....apologies....this food metaphor is getting a bit out of hand.

Anyway, just in case you wanna have a go, here's a little step-by-step:
Oops...and before I forget.  Here are the ingredients...

GRAPHIC45 SUPPLIES:
1.  Kraft envelope album
10. envelope tags

OTHER SUPPLIES:
1. kraft cardstock - American Craft
2. cardboard box
3. word sticker - Cosmo Cricket
4. string - my own

7 comments:

julie_elf said...

It's so gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! this is gorgeous!!!! I loveeeeee all the metal bits!!!

Heather Jacob said...

soooooooooooooooo awesome , love all of this x

Ann said...

Sharon, I love your mini book. Fun idea to not use any DP paper. I like how you created your own embellishments. It's always fun to stretch your self. I'll take a ham and cheese on bread too. Sounds good. Ha!

Unknown said...

Terrific project and tutorial Sharon! I love it!!!

CK Chai said...

OMG, thanks for sharing this wonderful tutorial!

Nancy said...

This is great, I love mini albums and I just bought this one a couple of weeks ago :)
Your designing is awesome, love the crackle and bottles!