Thursday, April 14, 2011

Brain Full Hands Itchy

He always asks me "What exactly are you thinking about huh?" (usually in exasperation when I forget things or do things without thinking) - he should get a medal for putting up with a scatterbrain like me.

And the answer is (sometimes) - everything at once!!! Like right now, my head is jammed with a whole hodge podge of different ideas for May's class projects along with things for Good Friday and Easter and the kids preparing for exams while Abba is running as my inner soundtrack...

I'm itching to get my ideas out! But time seems to run out too fast...and on other days, there is practically nothing on the idea front... such is life eh?

Here's one idea that managed to come out:
A whole layout covered in cardboard box slices: (all papers from majadesign)
The 'whorls' in the 'wood' are my favourite, along with the 'vines' made of baker's twine and little green leaves from the majadesign pattern paper.Ok...gotta run.....gotta get those ideas out in paper before they all run away....

10 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

That layout turned out so beautiful that I do want ur scatterbrain... Like now! How cool are those swirls & whorls! You rock this layout hard & love it to bits!!

Tania Martyns said...

wow!
is amazing!
i love every detail!

Hugs !!!!!!

curlyqmosaics said...

I am speechless! This layout is beyond amazing...so clever and definitely unique! Love all the knots in the wood...so cool looking!

Blossom inch said...

love it Sharon...love it...

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, what an amazing layout, very clever!!

Michele said...

The corrugated cardboard to mimic wood grain is simply brilliant!

Daphne Tan said...

Sharon, so excited to see you on blog. Always love your works....stunning and fantastic! :)

AnnaB said...

Oh WOW! This is sooo amazing...! Love it so so so much!!!!!

Mum in the Making said...

Oh gosh... THIS IS SO NICEEEE!!! Permission to borrow the cardboard woody grain idea can? Please?

Creative Tara said...

That layout is just freakin' awesome- love it! Found you cuz someone pinned this on pinterest and now I'm a new follower ;)