Thursday, October 30, 2008
Haha...I have You Don't have
We Interrrupt this Program to bring you...
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Those Cursed Stickers!!!!!
This is another project I designed for October.
1.This photo of the Critters - both smiling, both so happy.
2. The way the different types of blue paper came together - my kind of colours
1. Arranging those cursed transparent stickers!!!! I decided to be 'funny' (or as those of you who know me would say "chao pattern") and stick the stickers on the inside of the transparent cover that closes the clock face. I had a horrible time trying to position them the way I wanted and tore quite a few stickers in the process.
By the way... we'll be running this class one last time in November at Laine's so you can do it up as a Christmas present - makes a nice gift eh? You can get it in pink/red too if you like. I'll be sure to include warnings about those cursed stickers - haha!
Other Favourites from October
Favourites from October classes
Thursday, October 23, 2008
This is one of the layouts I submitted for the Purple Onion Design team finals (Thank you thank you Michele!) and features the "Thank You" version of the new block stamp from Purple Onion. You can also see how the stamp's been used by other designers on the Purple Onion Blog - good stuff.
All stamps used on this layout are from Purple Onion (of course) :o)
Happy Accidents & Other Discoveries:
1. Making a collage is super fun - for the collaged square in the middle of the layout, I basically collected all kinds of weird knobbly objects, glued them onto a piece of chipboard, whitewashed them all, then coloured with inks and sprays - tedious, but thoroughly enjoyable. Then I layered a stamped transparency on top (Purple Onion word stamp)
2. If you fold paper strips and smoosh them together you can make cool 'ruffles' (like the ones on the edges of the collage). We did this technique in our October layout class and I think everyone had a fun time 'smooshing' their paper. Will post the October layouts next time.
3. I managed to get this shot on a horribly sunny day. It was really yucky outside but the sun shining through the window made for a lovely 'halo' around Beth's face...very happy accident.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Wowee! Thank you Betty!
Can't wait to show you guys. It will be featured in November's Canvas book class so do look out for it ok? Still trying my best to finish the project this week.