Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cardboard Book

Hey ho! The March challenge is up over at scrapforhelp and the challenge this time is to use corrugated board.  The thing I use corrugated board (or cardboard box) for most often is for book covers.  Sometimes I wrap it up but this time I thought I'd let the lovely kraft colour of the box be seen and just dress it up a bit with stamping and other bits. (kraft goes with everything!)

The book opens...
 To reveal lots of lavender paper from Majadesign's Ska' vi ta en collection.
For you bookbinding fans out there, the book was bound with long stitch.  And I ended up hating the string I used for stitching so I found something to cover it up:
And of course, that turned out to be my favourite thing on the book. typical. But I'm still looking out for an old antique spoon so I can replace the one I stole from the kitchen....

This album (or rather a slightly modified version of it) will be taught as a part of a scrapevent in Uddevalla (Sweden) that Maja Design is sponsoring.  A very very big thank you to Creativica and Karin for this opportunity. My sweet friend Karin will be teaching the class and I hope everyone will enjoy making the book from scratch.

The link to the event’s blog is: http://creativica.wordpress.com/scrapevent-uddevalla/ if you’d like more information.

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and the lace!

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful book.

Manuela said...

Fantasic mini book, Sharon! Do you have a tutorial available? I would love to make one for myself!
Have a nice Sunday!
Hugs, Manuela

Grace said...

Hi Sharon, this is sooo pretty!!!

misty said...

so gorgeous! I love the corrugated cardboard!

sylvie said...

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!very very beautiful album and papers!! hugs

Julie said...

wow sharon just stunning

Blossom inch said...

so cantek, can make one for me ha? you are really a queen of book binding and never fails to impress me la..

ALICE WAHYUNI said...

OMG..OMG!!! This is very cute album...I love it very much!!! The binding story makes me laugh *loud...I didnt realize it was a spoon!! You are really amazing..really!!

Camille said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I too would love a tutorial. You make beautiful things. I have spent all morning on your blog.

Cynthia Lloréns said...

This is such a great and wonderful work!!!
I love and I´m so pround to have you with us.
I will like to say congratulations for the first round in Graphic 45!!!
You really deserved that!!
Big huges and kisses with much love.
I wish luck for you!!!!
Have a wonderful week.
Cyndi

itsaworkof Art said...

Spoon on your bookbinding! I want to do that too! Heeee.... I love bookbinding & pretty little books;) TFS Sharon!

Heather Jacob said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this Sharon .. awesome work .. hugz x