Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Holidays

Lots of people are off on trips but we are staying in Singapore this holiday. Trying to find a balance between having fun and doing holiday homework - just spending time together, hanging out, playing...

Here are some layouts using photos from our previous holidays:

Layout Title: "Sun Sand and Sea" (photos from trip to Redang)
Scrappy Info:
1. The 'sand' around the squares is made using glossy accents and weathered white embossing powder. When you heat it, the glossy accents cooks (as always) and the embossing powder ends up looking like very very tiny bits of fine sand


Layout Title: "Warm & Fuzzy" (photo from Australia trip)
Scrappy Info:
I have to say I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE how this layout turned out! I wanted to go for that 'washed out' look and it looks almost like how I imagined it. There's not a lot of texture and its kind of 'flat' but I am just super super happy with the stamping 'fade outs'... using all Purple Onion stamps of course!

1. Stamping Fade Out - basically, each time I inked my stamp, I tried to keep stamping on the page until the ink ran out, hence all the different shades of grey. I am digging how the little Purple Onion circles turn out with this technique.


Best of all, you don't have to clean your stamp - haha!

6 comments:

salme said...

Thanks for the tip about the scrappy sand! Both layouts are gorgeous as always!

Wati Basri said...

great layouts sharon! love all the techs on it :)

Julie said...

these look great sharon.

Darien said...

Your Work is so AMAZING!!!!!! Thanks for the tip with the embossing powder!!! I Love it!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

i luv the sand! thanks for sharing how to do it.

Rachel said...

i will go try out the tips you just shared here =)
And i love the 2nd LO too, love the rustic look of it.