Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Purple Onion Pages

Here's a couple of layouts featuring those scrumptious Purple Onion stamps: Layout Title: "No Longer at This Address"
Stamps featured: Vintage Postmark Set (love how you can make your own 'postage stamp' by putting a small photo into the empty stamp border), Carnation alphabet, small Broken15 Alphabet (this is getting to be one of my favourites) and Stems & Grass

Incidentally, the old apartment we were living at in that photo is now a dormitory for foreign workers (and no, nobody protested, nobody wrote to the Straits Times to complain) - sign of the times eh? Wonder how they like sleeping in the Critters' room with the giant super colourful murals on the wall - haha...

Layout Title: "Angel"
Stamps featured: Brocante Set (just the butterfly), Ribbon Label
I have to say I seriously like that butterfly - its not too cute which is just right for me.

This layout is actually a bit of a 'failure' cos I told myself I would make an all-white layout - no other colour except on the photo and the stamps...oh well...will try again!

Happy Accident: I happened to photograph this layout against the glass of the store window and 'cos it was Christmas, the fairy lights were still up so it looks really nice behind the clear parts of the page.

And I made the white felt flowers myself (with the help of a flower punch as a template)- can you tell?

8 comments:

Sue Lui said...

I really like these layouts Sharon! The first is SO you and the second so UNLIKE you. :D But both absolutely gorgeous. I like that butterfly stamp too. Been meaning to order it. :)

Unknown said...

Flowers and butterflies all on one layout! (And nobody forced me!) You must be rubbing off on me Susan! :o)

Sasha Farina said...

this is really beautiful and yeah, like Susan said, unlike you! LOL :D but gorgeous nonetheless.. . you know what i mean lah ya? :D

and urmm... butterflies, anytime! i can take butterflies anytime of the day.. breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner.. heck, even supper :D

Edleen said...

*sigh* Gorgeous and Inspiring :)

Nor said...

omg!!! i love it!!! make 1 for me..... ;o)

Sue McGettigan said...

Both of these layouts are lovely, the change of address one is just fab - love the way you mingled photos and stamping, lots of layers and texture, and a really fun concept - bravo!

Ronda Palazzari said...

love the layouts but the Angel one....Oh my goodness...so completely, unbelievably Awesome layout!

Anonymous said...

Really love your Angel LO...haven't done any such style myself. It actually caught my eye when I look around the LOs in class! Have been wanting to ask where you get the flowers....only to find out now it was self made! What can I say -- COOL!